Construction of the bypass of ul. Kamieniecka in Ząbkowice Śląskie along the regional road no. 382
Investment : 16 500 000 PLN
Centrum Nowoczesnych Technologii S.A. realised a project called “Construction of the bypass of ul. Kamieniecka in Ząbkowice Śląskie along the regional road no. 382”, co-financed by the European Union from the European Regional Development Fund within the Regional Operating Programme for the Lower Silesian Voivodship for 2007 – 2013. The investment involved construction of a bypass of ul. Kamieniecka (DW382) at a standard of a Z-class road together with an inculcation into the DK8 trunk road at a standard of a G road . The realisation was divided into 2 stages. The first stage included a section of a bypass road after the crossroad with DK8 trunk road until the end of the road at the roundabout where it connects with the existing road DW382 (ul. Kamieniecka), including inevitable reconstruction of ul. Kamieniecka; however, Stage 2 concerned reconstruction of the DK8 truck road section together with a crossroad with traffic lights with a designed bypass and DP 3155D poviat road.
Total value of the investment was over 16,5 M PLN gross.
The investment brought about the following benefits:
- decreasing traffic in the centre of Ząbkowice Śląskie,
- conducting transit traffic on the road no. 382 out of the city centre (among others, heavy traffic caused by lorries transporting aggregate out of the municipality of Kamieniec Ząbkowicki),
- obtaining a brand new connection of DW 382 into the trunk road no.8, dramatically improving the traffic safety and increasing throughput;
- improving the safety of the citizens of Ząbkowice Śląskie and, in particular, of the street Kamieniecka, and
- improving driving conditions and environment protection conditions .
A bypass of ul. Kamieniecka (DW382) is situated on the outskirts of Ząbkowice Śląskie. The route runs through agricultural areas, municipal roads with ground surface, and existing watercourses (a stream from Grochowiec, Conductor of the river Budzówki, a stream Zatoka) and the river Budzówka, where the Company carried out engineering facilities, enabling crossing over the watercourses and the Budzówka river (culverts and a bridge).
Within the investment area a range of service roads was created that make it possible to get to the engineering facilities, treatment facilities in the rainwater system and connect agricultural areas with municipal roads. Within the project 3.1km of new regional roads were built and a section of 0.5km of a trunk road no. 8 was rebuilt. The road surface was made of rutting-resistant wearing layer of SMA mixture.
The crossroad with the trunk road was equipped with accommodation traffic lights of a „Preference”- type (direction: Wroclaw ↔ Kudowa) with a detection system, placed (at the edges) on a very ‘safe’ modern frames. Modern solutions protecting drivers from injuries in the collisions with street lights and traffic lights made it necessary to import support frame elements from Norway (light, aluminium and composite frames safe and in compliance with the EN 12767 standard).
Here is some data concerning the realisation of the contract. What we have done is:
- over 41,000 m2 of asphalt surface,
- over 80,000 m3 of embankments,
- near 54,000 m3 of trenches,
- 27,000 m2 of ground reinforcement,
- traffic safety equipment,
- a rainwater system,
- street lighting,
- a three-bay bridge of more than 82 m long with a prestressed concrete load-bearing structure,
- 3 engineering frame facilities made of reinforced concrete over watercourses and trenches,
- culverts over roads.
Some curiosities from the time of realisation of the contract and carrying out the earthworks are rescue excavation works, whose effect was discovering and cataloguing 3 archaeological sites of ancient and medieval times . The oldest findings of the ancient settlements included relicts from the mid-Neolithic period. The biggest number of artefacts dated back to the Bronze era and the Hallstatt period.